Monday, December 29, 2014

A Review of the new Keurig 2.0 #Keurig2point0

#Keurig2point0...is it worth it?


When I learned that I was getting a Keurig VoxBox, I was pretty stoked. I had thought it would be a VoxBox that had K-Cups in it to try out in my older Keurig machine.  As it turned out, what was in the Keurig VoxBox was actually a Keurig 2.0 K300 to try out. I was floored!! It had been one of the items on my wishlist.




I've had my older Keurig for around two years now and I have used it daily ever since I bought it. I love the convenience of brewing one cup at a time.  I've even purchased several more to give as gifts to family members. 

The newer Keurig 2.0 (left) and the Keurig Special Edition (right)

Upon learning about the Keurig 2.0, it immediately went on my wishlist. That is, until I learned that I could not brew my favourite brand of coffee in the newer models. You see, the Keurig 2.0 models will only let you brew K-Cups that have the Keurig 2.0 Brewing TechnologyTM. These K-Cups have the white ring around the top and say “Keurig Brewed”.

A Keurig Approved K-Cup


I really have no issue with the fact that only approved brands can be brewed in the brewer as there are many available to pick from. My issue was having to go through all available to find one that would replace my old favourite (especially in a small time like mine where selection is few) and the fact that I would have to pay a significant amount more to buy the Keurig approved coffees.

The Keurig 2.0 K300 does not have a time display or programmable features, which I will miss when going from my Keurig Special Edition to the Keurig 2.0. It is available in higher up models though. Another thing that is not really big deal, but would be nice to have.
Okay, so those are some of the issues I had with this. I wanted to get through the cons first so I could focus on the features that I really like.  My first being the carafe.

All of the Keurig 2.0 models come with a carafe that you can use to brew multiple cups at a time. You will need special K-Carafe packs, which look like this:

A Keurig Carafe Pack

This is so convenient! When I have had people over in the past, we have all stood in line waiting around for our cups to brew or I've had to dig out my old coffee maker.  Now that I can make multiple cups at once, that old thing is going bye-bye! 

The next feature that I have been loving is the Strong setting. I can choose to make my coffee stronger. This is perfect for me since I love a bold (or what my hubby calls “strong enough to walk” LOL) cup of coffee, especially in the morning.



It also has a feature for brewing Hot Cocoa and other specialty beverages which require a different brewing method to ensure you get a perfect cup.


All in all, I am pleased with the Keurig 2.0. and I think it is has earned its place on my counter…and it looks great while being there, too! The Keurig 2.0 is something that I do recommend, but my suggestion would be to spend a little extra to buy higher models that have more options available like high water capacity, time display, and programming features. To learn more about the other models, you can click here.





0 comments:

Post a Comment